sábado, 13 de marzo de 2010

Chocolates Vs. Depression

It's been a while since the last time...
I'm better now... But there's no longer a Boyfriend... Sucks big time!
But, lets talk about food...

What i usually do when I'm with a heart broken, is just stop eating.
This time, like most women in the world... I had chocolate... First time ever! I love chocolate -don't get me wrong- but I just went trough a very very hard break up... and some one gave me this tiny little box of chocolate...


Well.. they were 5 boxes, actually...
I tasted weird things... Like chocolate with lavender, and a special flavor from inside the indigen culture in Venezuela: Catara Spice (which is nothing more than a Special sause or Spice that comes from ants butts!)... weird, but Soooo delicious!
And of course, typical chocolates, like strawberry filling and stuff like that.

What makes a "chocolatier"? How these people get around the idea of mixing chocolate with spicy flavors and spices? I had to ask the people behind this amazing creation!!! Most say... It wasn't easy... And, at least, it didn't help me being a women!... So, I had to go to my favorite tool to search and achieve information: the Internet...

So it seems that Kakao was born from various Venezuelan chefs: María Fernanda Di Giacobbe, Luis Alejandro Aguilar, Héctor Romero y Sumito Estévez, and of course, they are super cool people that devoted their lifes to food, which from my point of view, its pretty cool.

Venezuela is a pretty cool country... we have forest, desert, beaches, rainforest, mountains... everything you can ask for to God (if you belive in that... I don't), we also have pretty cool foods, but one special thing we Venezuelans have and never really know: We have super cool kakao, cocoa, or Cacao, like we call it... Most chocolate factories in the world use Venezuelan Cacao to make chocolates!! and then sell them to us... Thank God we have super genious Chefs that actually love their country and started this kind of place to make this little pieces of heaven with chocolate taste!

Actually, there's been studies that says that when you eat chocolate, it makes you feel better... most people eat chocolate when they are depressed or unhappy, 'cause it changes your animic state... and i've never belived it, until a few days ago... when a couple of tiny chocolate boxes changed my life... and my depression went away... at least for a few hours... until i ate some more...

Thanks for reading!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario