miércoles, 24 de marzo de 2010

The Silence get us no where

I'm hearing some music right now.. and I was gladly surprised when my ipod chose Staind "For you"...
"I sit here locked inside my head, remembering everything you've said, the silence get us no where, Get's us no where way too fast"

That was my favorite song when I was a teen... And I remembered things that happened back then... the boyfriend I had, the friends that spend time with me near a pool, and the time I met a Chef. He was the father of a friend of mine. Once, at his house, we got hungry, and since I was the only girl there and I refused to eat pasta, they made me cook something. I ended up cooking chicken with orange. Nothing elaborated, I didn't even followed a recipe... Just let my instincts cook... When my friend father came home, smelled the air and asked who cooked, obviously, I was so nervous that I didn't want him to know that I cooked, and used his beautiful kitchen to make my mess... 

After I left their apartment, my friend told his father that it was me who cooked. The next time I went there to visit, his father asked me to cook with him, and taught me some things... he told me that I had a gift, and that if I loved to cook, I should do it. And offered me a job at his restaurant. My mom said no. And I needed her permission to work at that age. That was one of the worst decisions she made about me, but I don't regret it. Now I see the food differently, and I'm  not locked in a kitchen 24/7, but I still want to study Gastronomy... Be a chef, cook, and make everyone say: Oh my god! this is Great!... Soon, I promise to myself.

I was thinking that like a perfume, music reminds you things in your past. When I hear music, i keep remembering things. Californication always reminds me good times, Staind always bring the sad out of me, and Linkin Park always makes me smile, one way or another. I guess that in the future, Lady Gaga will remind me this particular time, when the Ávila is burning and i don't have too many things to cook.

There is a silence... Holy week ahead, everyone will leave the city, I know, I'll be one of them. But just for you to know... I'll bring new recipes soon.

1 comentario:

  1. Entretenido e interesante el blog, estuve un rato paseando, saludos!

    JD

    ResponderEliminar